Allison Driscoll started Trail to Summit as a personal site to keep track of her hiking adventures and share with fellow hikers. While it has grown a lot since 2011, it essentially serves the same purpose: to provide information and inspiration for fellow hikers.Within this site you will find trip reports of hikes all over New England, mainly focused on hiking the tallest peaks in each season, a 15 day John Muir Trail story, gear reviews, recipes, how to’s, and more!
Outdoor Community Involvement
Allison is an Appalachian Mountain Club volunteer trail maintainer for the Osseo Trail (this trail ascends Mt Flume) and lead hikes through Trail to Summit. For 2016 I am running the first annual Trail to 4K Hiking Challenge to inspire new hikers to get on the trail and do so with confidence!
- May 28th, 2011- First NH 4000-footers- Osceolas
- August 26th, 2012- Completed round 1 of the NH 4000 footers- Flume and Liberty
- October 27th, 2012- Completed the Belknap 12- Straightback Mountain
- October12th, 2013- Completed New England 67- Mt Abraham, VT
- August 8th, 2014- Thu hiked the John Muir Trail- 220 miles, 15 days
- August 21st, 2012- Completed 2nd NH4K Round- Mt Jefferson
- September 13th, 2014- Became a trail adopter for the Appalachian Mountain Club
- November 15th, 2014– Completed 3rd NH48 Round- South Twin
- March 19th, 2015- Completed 4th NH 48 Round completing all 48 in every season- Mt Jefferson
Outdoor Certifications and Training
- Wilderness First Aid Certified- SOLO
- Trail Maintenance Basics- AMC
If you’d like contact me about reviewing a product, website content, speaking opportunities, or just to ask a question, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, or Pinterest!